Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Boston Half 2014 Plans

I would love to run the Boston marathon, but so does every other marathon runner. lol
 
Did you know it is the only marathon you have to qualify for?
 
Seeing as I have never run a half or a whole before, that is quite a longshot goal.
 
Most dream of running the Boston Marathon for the prestige, but I dream of running it because I love Boston!
 
In doing some research, I found Boston holds a half marathon in October, (the whole is in April).
 
Seriously y'all, Boston in mid October- height of the fall foliage! Could you imagine running this course in Boston in the fall:
Click here to see a more detailed version of the map.
 
The Boston Half is truly the best of both worlds for me. It is an attainable goal, and it is in Boston, IN THE FALL! EEK!
 
I'll be there in 2014, who's with me?! :)

2 comments:

  1. Go for it! Is there a special time that you have to get to qualify for the half, too? My in-laws went to Boston a few autumns ago and said it was absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not believe there is a qualifying time. :) I'm excited and have plenty of time to get to my goal weight and then train. :)

      Delete