Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Welcome to "The Belle of Boston" Blog!

 
I have always been a fan of history and baseball, so naturally I was drawn to Boston. My husband and I first went to Boston in April of 2010. I immediately fell in love. Growing up in Texas, it is basically blasphemy to love any place other than Texas, but I couldn't help myself. I was in love.

I also swore off my allegiance to my Texas teams and became a faithful fan of the Red Sox, (and of course the other Boston teams have my allegiance too, but I am first and foremost a baseball fan). That first Boston visit, we went to the opening series of 2010- Sox vs the Yankees! Walking into Fenway park on a beautiful April day to see the greatest rivalry in sports- well, it was nothing short of magical! I was now forever in love with the Red Sox and Fenway Park!
 
 
 
Despite my dreaming and planning, I was not able to return to Boston until May 2013.
 
 My daughter Annie and a friend of mine joined me for a girl's weekend. I thought it would  satisfy my hunger for Boston, but all it did was make me fall in love even more. Since I can't move to Boston, (much to my dismay), I plan to visit there quite often.
 
 

Here you will find posts concerning what I discovered about Boston on my first two trips there, and what I plan to do on my future trips. :) Think of it as a visitor's guide and an enthusiasts ode to Boston. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment