Thursday, October 10, 2013

First Trip: Day One

April of 2010, my husband and I went to Boston to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. We had always wanted to go, but I had no idea how much I would fall in love with the town. :)
 
Day one was full of the Freedom trail, and hanging out at Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market. I didn't post too many pictures from the Freedom Trail.
 
Do you see the red bricks? All over Boston, there are red brick/red paint lines. These mark the Freedom Trail. You can follow this 2mile+ line to see major historical landmarks. AWESOME!

 
Granary Burial Ground





 

Shaw Memorial
At the end of our second trip to Boston, I found out that there is another trail- the Black Heritage Trail. This memorial is on the trail. I am bummed that I never knew it existed, but greatly look forward to seeing it in the future. :) 
 
 
The Massachusetts State House






  This picture has a pretty neat story. You see, being from Texas, we are known as very friendly and we hear the North is not, (I've been to New York, and the people are very different from Texas!).  Anyway, we were about to take another single picture when a man offered to take our picture. He was a Bostonian, and after the picture he stopped and talked to us for a good while about places we should go etc. We learned very quickly that Boston was actually a very friendly town, and in both of my trips, I was happy to see that Boston's hospitality rivaled Texas's! :)
 
 
One of the reasons why I first became a Red Sox fan was the love the town had for it. Here is a random office building showing its spirit! :)
 
 

We stayed at the Omni Parker House.  It's pretty pricey, but I had gotten lucky on Expedia. :) This hotel is the birthplace of the Boston Crème Pie and the Parker House Roll. It is located near the financial district, the Common/Public Garden, Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market. I didn't take too many pictures unfortunately. The rooms were small, but it was a beautiful hotel. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment