Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Boston Map Crafts

Back in 2010, I was surfing etsy for Boston themed stuff just because I missed the town so much.
 
Seriously, I'd move there tomorrow.

I found a lot of items that were pretty cute and one in particular that I really liked.

SO cute! And, of course I love the little birdie. It can be purchased here. While I love it, it costs $49. My husband said I could get it, but I wanted to take a swing at it myself first.

I ran to Michael's,and I found a comparable locket and chain for a whopping $8! Total.
I lost the white lace. I liked the idea, but it kinda looked like the tag was left on it or something. Also, I had planned on covering up the fake clock, but since we went to Boston on our THIRD anniversary, I figured it would be a cute memorial. :)
My Modge Podge is still wet, so getting a pic sans glare was really hard. This will have to do. {the one on etsy looks a million times better simply because she caught a better pic... mine looks nice in person, I promise}

Oh, and I think I will be adding some bling... hmm, we'll see... it needs a lil somethin', somethin'.
Fenway Park on the front, Fenway Park on the inside. :)
I liked the length... please ignore my tshirt. I know, I am so stylish I could be the next Rachel Zoe. {Ok, you can stop laughing at me now}
With the other part of my map I made this picture frame for our bedroom. Yes, we have a Boston "themed" room- pictures to come. :) 

Total Cost of necklace: $8 + cost of map...
Total Cost of frame: $1 + cost of map...
Map was right under $3. So, both projects cost about $12... not to mention I have map left over for future projects.

A necklace costing a little more than $8 beats $49 any day... even if her necklace is prettier than mine. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment